Friday, June 26, 2020

A Golden Egg!

Having comfortably housed my three chickens and supplied them daily with nutritious food, I was happy to wait a few months for them to start laying...…..I really didn't think I'd be getting any action in the egg-laying department until August at the earliest. Imagine how delighted I was when I arrived home yesterday to hear the hens making a big fuss - that special sound they make when one of them lays an egg!

I went to check, and sure enough, there was an egg, still warm.

I hope this isn't just a one-off teaser - I won't count my chickens just yet!

I call this a golden egg, because with all the accumulated costs of housing, feed, bedding and the meal-worm farm, I estimate it must be worth its weight in gold!


I think this is the lady responsible:



1 comment:

  1. I'm delighted to report that there was another egg this morning - it's a different colour, so I take that to mean that two of my three girls are already laying......bring on the egg-nundation!

    ReplyDelete